Adobe Photoshop Lightoom, sometimes shortened to Adobe Lightroom, is a post-production photo editing and viewing program from Adobe.
Development history[edit | edit source]
Mark Hamburg was a senior engineer on the Adobe Photoshop team who eventually became the software architect. However, Hamburg left the team after Photoshop 7.0 shipped in April 2002. He resumed work on a project which he started in 1999 with a different approach to image editing, and developed a database that could store parameters for non-destructive image editing. In October 2002, he sent a prototype called "PixelToy" to former colleague Jeff Schewe for evaluation. In December 2002, Hamburg invited Photoshop co-creator Thomas Knoll to brainstorm as part of a team at Schewe's studio, briefly calling the project "SchewePaint". The resulting concept was called "Shadowland" and had an early version of its user interface by 2003.
On January 9, 2006, Adobe released the first public beta of "Lightroom" for Mac OS X. On July 18, 2006, Beta 3 was released for Windows. The state of Minnesota was home to most of the Lightroom developers, which included Troy and Melissa Gaul, who previously worked on Adobe ImageReady.
Video gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- The Genesis of Lightroom (PDF) by Jeff Schewe, The Digital Negative: Raw Image Processing in Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Photoshop, p.41-44. Peachpit Press. 2016.
- Jeff Schewe is a photographer, Photoshop author and educator, Photoshop Hall of Fame. 2006.
- The Shadowland/Lightroom Development Story by Jeff Schewe, Photoshop News. 2006-01-09.
- The History of Adobe Lightroom Beta and it’s Features by Color Expert Admin, Color Experts International, Inc. 2012-07-25.
[edit | edit source]
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom at Adobe
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic
- Get started with Lightroom on a mobile device
- What's new in Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC (2.0) (archived 2018-10-18)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 / CC 1.0 (archived 2015-04-21)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 (archived 2013-06-11)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 (archived 2012-03-06)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 (archived 2010-06-13)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 (archived 2008-08-02)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (archived 2007-02-02)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom at YouTube
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom at Logopedia
- Adobe Lightroom at the Adobe Wiki
- Adobe Lightroom at the Image Editors Wiki
- Adobe Lightroom at Wikipedia
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 10 Years of Lightroom at The Lightroom Queen (2017-02-19)
- This article is a Stub. Please help the Photoshop Wiki by .
|Versions: 0.63 · 0.87 · 1.0 · 2.0 (2.5) · 3.0 · 4.0 · 5.0 (5.5) · 6.0 · 7.0 · CS · CS2 · CS3 · CS4 · CS5 · CS6 · CC|
|Album | Camera RAW | Elements | Express | ImageReady | Lightroom | Photoshop Extended|